Come on a journey with me, watch my art transform darkness into form.
Lets start with reclaiming what is ours – health literacy – a space for Māori to be ourselves; a space that is negotiated, adaptive and shaped by people, whānau and communities.
I focus on what matters to Māori, our visions, aspirations, and goals for self-determination, abundance, thriving, health, and wellbeing.
- If your into co-design/co-creation this is a great example of community engagement.
- If your interested in communication beyond words then you will enjoy this.
- If your interested in community – participation – action – research turn this on!
- If you work in the health sector this presentation is for you.
- If you or your loved one has been impacted by the heath system this is dedicated to you.
More information on the presentation:
Ngā Pou Mana: FREE membership, access to scholarships, wānanga, professional development, latest research and media relating to Māori allied health – FACEBOOK
More information on health literacy skills
Offerings/opportunities: I have openings for those interested in furthering their studies (Masters and PhD students). Also available to do individual and group (cultural and professional) supervision. Happy to have a cuppa tea and kōrero. Email me to arrange a time.
Areas of interest are: Kaupapa Māori -decolonisation, Indigenisation, [Indigenous & community] psychology, qualitative research, social science, hauora (health and wellbeing), participatory community action research, health literacy, cultural safety and co-design/creation/arts-based methodology.